Tuesday 5 September 2017

The first one

Dear Piya,

You, my sweet-pea, are four months-old today.
It is high time now that I start sharing my thoughts with you.
I have been doing that since you were born, yes, by talking to you about multiple things.
You have responded with a smile and some indecipherable words & sounds so far.
Since I have no way of finding out whether you understand or agree with my incessant talks, I am going to take your clueless-curiosity-filled expression as a green light to keep talking to you.

I will start writing about our talks, along with a short note, today onwards.



I love the way you stare at things.
It seems as if you are trying to make sense of the existence of these things around you.

Yesterday, you were staring out of the window, probably looking at the lush green lemon tree in the garden or maybe looking at the clouds making their way through the sky beyond.
Given how fast life has become, I, as an adult, have stopped making time for such observations.

Since you are really small, I keep checking up on you every now and then. Through that, I end up mapping as well as emulating your actions.
So when you were looking up and out, I followed your curiosity and was humbled by a sight so mundane yet under-explored at the same time!

After a minute of silent reflection, I softly thought aloud - this is so peaceful.
As if immediately agreeing with me, you happened to hum the sound 'hmmmm'.
The beauty of this moment stayed afloat for sometime.

I don't know if you will grow up or make me a child again.
Given how wonderful your side of the world looks like, I would gladly accept the latter.


Love,
Maa.

6 comments:

Live & Learn

 Dear Piya, I am sorry. I am not perfect, darling. So, this happened- The festival of Navratri is going on. I have been a fan of dancing Gar...