Thursday 5 October 2017

A child's expressions

Dear Piya,
One of the greatest pleasures of my life, today, is looking at you.
I could do it all day long; not just because I love you beyond words, but because you are my mini-theatre, full of myriad expressions.
Now, I don't know what they are really meant for since when asked, you only reply with 'gee-gaa, hmmmm, hmmmmm'.
So I have worked out a few theories for understanding them.

One of your expressions is that of a silent-stare, pout-faced reflection directed towards your stretched out arm and peacock-feathers like dancing hand at its end.
I call this the 'fooled you, haha'.

You seem to be jovially playing with me when you, all of a sudden, decide to move your hand towards my face. I feel wonderful and make my face dance over your mushy fingers. It feels like my face is being kissed by bubbles!
You respond with giggles but your eyes are fixated on your hand.
You make your five-little fingers move left and right about your tender wrist while observing their movement. Then you curl your fingers to form a fist and begin to pout. I think that you are getting mad about something.
I ask you, ''Is everything okay, baby?''
You make your thumb pop out of your fist.
I feel like you are giving me a thumbs-up in response to my question!
And just as I am revelling in this awesome moment, you withdraw your hand and in one smooth trajectory-like motion slip your thumb into your mouth.

As I look at you dumb-founded, you part your lips into a mischievous smile from behind the thumb-sucking, with 'fooled you, haha' written on your face.

I don't know what more to say, darling, except that you are simply amazing!


Love,
Maa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live & Learn

 Dear Piya, I am sorry. I am not perfect, darling. So, this happened- The festival of Navratri is going on. I have been a fan of dancing Gar...