Monday 19 July 2021

I love you 50.

Dear Piya,

Love is an emotion remains unquantifiable till date. There is no machine to measure the same, yet.


How much does one love somebody? 

Who is to say?


Where does a mother's heart find space, to accomodate love for any number of children she may have? 

That remains a mystery.


Who loves you more? Mumma or Papa?

This we thankfully know the answer to. 

Mumma, it's Mumma.


But if you were to ask me how much I love you I may not be able to give you an answer that would do justice to my love for you.


However, there is one particular line from a movie that has become quite popular, of late.


So tonight, when I said 'I love you' as I kissed you goodnight, you replied with an 'I love you too!'


To my mischievous mind, this sounded like 'I love you TWO'.


And so, I found an opportunity to boast with the popular movie's trending dialogue and said 'I love you 3000!'

Just as I was feeling pretty good about the extent of my love, mixed with my wit, you were quick to revert with :

'I love you 50!!'

In the first split of a second I cracked up at your naivete.

But this was soon followed by the realisation that 50 is the extend to which a 4-year-old you had learnt to count, till date.

To you, 50 is equivalent to infinity!


I was so stumped.

For God knows I know to count higher than 3,000!


Piya, my darling, my love, be this amazing always.

And please know that your innocent heart definitely carries more love than my matured, old, unimaginative heart does now.


And for that, I am nothing but proud.



Love,

Maa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live & Learn

 Dear Piya, I am sorry. I am not perfect, darling. So, this happened- The festival of Navratri is going on. I have been a fan of dancing Gar...