Monday 18 May 2020

Some recent developments - 1

Dear Piya,

There are some aspects of your personality that have bloomed recently.

My little bud is showcasing signs of the first few petals flowering out :)

And so, this letter is to capture all the new developments, for you to know how your prefrernces have panned our over the years -

1. no. No. NO. NO!!!!

I couldn’t have written it better, darling.
You have developed a strong smear of what you like or want.

When asked for anything else, otherwise, your reply is pretty straightforward, one that goes up in the decibel level with every passing second.

But that’s not it.

You have this authoritative side to you or maybe you just like taking charge of the siatuatiin at times...let me explain:

Your father and I argue at times. The topics vary, depending upon what drives us on that particular day.

Whatever be the issue, though, you remain a silent spectator for some time. We would want you to be away from the ongoing discussion, but that is not wakya an option. And so, we remain real in front of (there are pros and cons to it. Don’t judge!)

The point is - you jump into the conversation by literally jumping in between us and yelling at the top of your voice to shush us.
You lecture like an old grandmother!
And it is so effective!
Because the minute that’s happens, we burst out laughing only to enrage you further - the old granny doesn’t like being taken lightly...

Yes, dear. You are going to be one really vocal, really commanding person, love.
At least that is what these days are showing us.

2. Please...Pleaseeee...Pleaseeeeeee

Okay, moving on to the next development.
You take this from your father a 100%.

You have picked up on this beautiful etiquette of saying ‘please’ really well. And I believe I have told you this previously.

So well do you know to use this word, that you keep churning it out of your sweet lips every chance you get, and by that I mean -

~ please let me have some ice cream
~ please let me watch some more TV
~ please let me splash water all around
~ please let me stay awake
~ please (touching my leg, now)
~ pleaseeee (pulling my pants,  ow)
~ pleaseeeeeee (clutching on to my leg like a monkey, now)
~ DONT YOU UNDERSTAND? HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD I SAY PLEASE?  (Yes, we are back to the development no.1 now!)

3. Tomatoes??? Yuck!
Oh, yes!
What is this about, all of a sudden?
You refuse to eat tomatoes, these days.
If they are blended into daal (lentils) then it isn’t an issue.

Every other time, otherwise, you ask me to pluck out every ting piece of raw or cooked tomato from your food.
And when I refuse to, you simply take it upon yourself to do so and in the process, you spill out 10 other ingredients from the food on the tabke & the floor!

Who is going to clean that up, huh?!
Oh yes, that is when you look at Mommee dearest with development no. 2 - pleaseeeeeee!

4. I got a baby OWL
Oh, if I had a penny for every time you have refused to sleep, sweetheart - I would be bathing in riches!

Here is what I have come to believe, and this is of course based on the umpteen times you have point blank refused to sleep despite your eyes dropping from all the redness and drowsiness infused in them :

You postpone your sleep, for the fear of missing out on any or every development that would happen while your eyes took a break from the world.

Yes, that is my theory and I am sticking to it!

Unless, you prove me wrong by sleeping on time, without any fuss, with your nightwear clean and dry, on time, tonight!
Come on, girl! Prove me wrong. Here is your chance. Grab it with both hands. Come on, now!
Pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!


Are you all caught up, baby?
I am trying to recollect more, because while I have listed down just 4, I promise there are more than a 100 such more. I am just too tired to remember them all right now.

But that’s okay.
Because that only means that I will be writing another letter soon :)


Love,
Naa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live & Learn

 Dear Piya, I am sorry. I am not perfect, darling. So, this happened- The festival of Navratri is going on. I have been a fan of dancing Gar...